1. Jimmy is in San Francisco and he’s carrying a slip of paper with an address written on it. Describe the significance of this address and the outcome of the scene?
2. Who is Tara and what does Jimmy steal from her?
3. What results from Jimmy warning Rick that there is a price on his head?
1. Describe one moment in Chapter 7 that stands out as significant to you and explain the logic of your choice?
2. “I was no longer a twenty-two-year-old illiterate brown man, not just another con with a number who was going to submit to degradation. Something had altered in me. I felt tremendous pride in having taken this one little step. I now knew I had wanted to take it for a long time” (168).
Explain what leads up to Baca’s new feelings of pride. Describe the steps he too?
3. Explain what inspires Baca to practice reading and writing while he is in the dungeon?
1.“How can you kill and still be a poet? How can you ever write another poem if you disrespect life in this manner? Do you know you will forever be changed by this act? It will haunt you to your dying breath.” Explain where Baca hears these words and why?
2. Describe 2 things that Chelo teaches Jimmy?
3. This question has no correct answer. Once you have finished reading (through the Epilogue) reflect on your experience with this book over the course of the semester. I’m interested in your personal response to Jimmy Baca’s memoir and how it influenced you in this class. Write at least 50 words that address this reflection, and you will earn full credit?