Substance abuse as a community health problem.
Violence and nursing response.
1. Discuss the historical trends and current conceptions of the cause and treatment of substance abuse.
2. Describe the ethical and legal implications of substance abuse.
3. Identify factors that influence violence.
4. Identify at-risk populations for violence and the role of public health in dealing with the epidemic of violence.
Disaster in the Community.
1. Identify and discuss the types of disasters.
2. Mention and discuss two natural or man-made disasters that recently occurred and discuss how they affect the community health.
3. Discuss the stages of disaster management.
Describe and discuss the role and responsibilities of nurses in relation to disasters.
Population affected by disabilities.
Rural and migrant health.
1. Define and discuss in your own words the definitions and models for disability.
2. Discuss the difference between illness and disability.
3. Compare and contrast the characteristics of rural and urban communities.
4. Discuss the impact of structural and personal barriers on the health of rural aggregates.
1. In your own word and using the appropriate evidence-based references define family and describe the different types of family.
2. Identify characteristics of the family that have implications for community health nursing practice.
3. Discuss a model of care for families.
4. Describe strategies for moving from intervention at the family level to intervention at the aggregate level.
Health in the Global Community.
1. Describe globalization and international patterns of health and disease.
2. Identify international health care organizations and how they collaborate to improve global nursing and health care.
3. Identify and discuss the major indicators of women’s health.
4. Identify and discuss the barriers to adequate health care for women.