Respond to the following with a minimum of 175 words; use the textbook provided below:
Smither, J. W., & London, M. (Eds.) (2009). Performance management: Putting research into action. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
1. What are the characteristics of an effective performance management system?
2. What factors determine performance? What factors influence the determinants of performance?
3. Which components of performance are commonly included in a performance appraisal form?
4. What are the steps involved in launching an effective performance management system? Which step do you think is most crucial?
5. What are some development activities employees can utilize to help meet their plan objectives? Have you been involved in any of these development activities in your role?
6. What are some key challenges involved in performance management?
Include at least two peer-reviewed references in addition to the textbook provide.