1. Define and describe 4 parenting styles. 10 points
2. How will learning and knowing about parenting styles effect your professionalism as a “teacher” or care giver? 10 points
3. How could you support a child in becoming more resilient? Give 3 examples. 10 points.
4. A family in crisis needs guidance. How might you support a family in crisis without over stepping professional boundaries? 10 points.
5. Give an example of child praise.5 point
6. Give an example of child encouragement. 5 points
This is the link to the txt book
The overall style or pattern of action rather than specific decisions is what affects child’s behaviors. Parenting styles can be classified into four major categories i.e., authoritarian where the parents are very strict and controlling, strong sense of justice and of the need for obedience, the second style is authoritative, where the parents are warmer and more communicative while retailing authority and control. The third is permissive which is characterized by warm, accepting and a little demanding, and lastly the uninvolved style of parenting where parent demand almost nothing in return, except for absolute freedom. These styles are further discussed in details in the subsequent paragraphs.