Answer the following questions about leadership theories. Your paper should be 1 to 1.5 pages, 12-point, double spaced, 1-inch margins.
1. What are the bases of power and which bases of power are more effective considering leadership?
2. What is the relationship between power and dependence? What creates dependence?
3. Compare the contrast the power tactics. Which ones are more effective in upward vs downward vs lateral influence? Give examples.
4. Explain the Leader-Member Exchange (LMX) theory and give examples.
5. Summarize the individual and organizational factors that influence organizational politics.
Throughout the history of human existence, it is has been proven that there is need for a provider of guidance and power that can influence people’s attitude, belief and decision and leads them towards a given direction. This is found in most aspects of society ranging from business to politics and to other community- oriented organization. Many researchers have come forth to explain what we really mean by the term leadership and for this reason we have a plethora of them. It is in the interest of this paper to examine the underlying structures of leadership and the intriguing terrains that are accompanied by it like power and politics just to mention