Define the attached problem statement.
Define the purpose statement that you have already created in your previous coursework. If you refined your problem statement based on feedback from Week 1, your biggest consideration here is to ensure that your purpose statement still specifically aligns to the problem statement. If you created a new problem statement in Week 1, you will need to create a new purpose statement as well. This can be time consuming, therefore make sure that you get to work right away if you are starting completely over.
Define your purpose statement, ensuring that all the following components are incorporated:
• Begin with a succinct sentence to indicate the method (quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods) and goal of the research.
• Describe the intent of the study.
• State the reason for conducting the study.
• Demonstrate the alignment of the purpose statement with the problem statement.
• Identify participants/data sources, if applicable.
• Identify geographic location, if applicable.
• Include theoretical implications and generalizability/transferability.
Demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect doctoral-level writing and APA standards.