1) does tv/film have any effect on societal views?
2) Early Hollywood Muslim or Arab depiction
3) typical portrayal of Muslims nowadays;
I identified four common trends of Muslim characterization in Hollywood: they are for the most part impressively rich, they are barbaric and uncivilized, they are sex-driven with an affinity for white subjection, and they take pleasure in terrorism acts. The portrayal of Muslims in the last half century has evolved slightly, but their depiction revolves around these four primitive misconceptions. I would really appreciate it if you could expand on this.
4) How is this image harmful?
5) Counter-representation (who are some Muslim figures in Hollywood who have fought back against the image of Muslims in Hollywood? for example Hasan Minhaj)