1. Describe the progression of technology and approaches of film productions that the Slowick article presents. Link this response to content from Hickman chapter 10.
2. Discuss the uniqueness of the score to King Kong and how it was the culmination of previous film/music productions.
3. Describe the use of diegetic and non-diegetic sound/music in the scene leading up to Kong’s first appearance.
4. Consider King Kong 1933 to other more advanced and contemporary ‘monster’ films (Jurassic Park for one). How do you relate to the clean realism of computer imaged monsters vs the ideas of monsters in King Kong?
5. At what moments does the music help embrace the touching elements of Kong as a creature with feelings and empathy?