GUIDELINES for COURSE PROJECT:
1) Read the Course Project situation and requirements carefully. Make sure you have understood the materials where the Course Project is based (for this, refer Course Project requirements and Course Outline to see what course materials are to be used in solving the Course Project requirements).
2) Use the provided template (SOL_TEMPLETE for Course Project 1 file) for preparing the solutions for your Course Project. Each question MUST be solved into the predesigned section for it (for example, question a of the project must be solved in section for question a designed for this question (top section of the template)). If this template is not used for solving the Course Project, a zero will be placed as the evaluation for the Course Project automatically.
3) Students can type the solutions in the Template and then post the file in CMS ( a Word file) or can print the Template, fill in the solutions in handwriting (must be comparable to Time New Roman, size 14), scan the file and post the scanned file in CMS.
4) The only acceptable file formats are: WORD or SCANNED file. Any other format will not be accepted and a mark of ZERO will be assigned to the corresponding assignment.
5) When finish place your name and student number in the file name for identification.
6) Attach also the Excel file for SOLVER solutions as guided in b8) requirement.
7) Post the solution and Excel files before the Due Date and Due Time.
8) Refer to Course Project Marking Key to see the evaluation components for the Project. Marks of the assignment questions are posted at the end of the project.
THE PROJECT: The following business situation is given:
Study the above business problem and perform the solutions of the following requirements. Make sure you follow the guidelines associated with the course project. The marking rubric is at the end of the project.
PROJECT REQUIRERMENTS AND COMPONENTS OF EVALUATION:
a) Argue whether LP modeling is a suitable method to solve this situation (problem). Bring arguments to support your answer.
b) Whatever is your response to question a), perform the LP solution for the problem by performing each one of the following steps:
b1) ID (state) the variables of the problem and what state they represent
b2) ID the Objective Function and the problem objective
b3) ID the constraints of the problem (state the equations and inequations)
b4) Solve the LP problem graphically: use Level Lines Method
b5) ID the feasible region (what are the constraints that limit its borders) and show a picture of it
b6) ID the Binding and Unbinding constrains
b7) Solve the LP algebraically: use ALL Corners Method
b8) Solve the LP using SOLVER
a) Attach the Excel file with SOLVER solution in it
b) In the Excel file ID:
• Changing cells
• Target cell
• Constrain equations with SUMPRODUCT functions
• SUMPRODUCT Objective Function
• Solution of the problem
• SOLVER Sensitivity Report
c) Prepare and perform sensitive analysis for the optimal solution you found:
c1) ID the Binding and Unbinding constrain coefficients and state what do they represent
c2) Identify the effect on solution of:
• Changes only on values of objective function coefficients
• Changes only on values of constraints right-hand side coefficients
c3) Is there any indication of presence of any alternative optimal solution? Support your answer
based on the information that comes from Adjustable Cell section of the Sensitive Report of
your LP solution
d) Perform Sensitive Simultaneous Changes Analysis for the solution that you found on LP for the following situation:
d1) time available for electronics becomes 260 hours and time available for assembly line becomes 120 hours
d2) each Walkman yields a profit of $ 5.60 and each Watch-TV yield a profit of $6.00.
HINT: Use the 100% rule
COURSE PROJECT MARKING KEY: 80 marks for 40%
This report is planned on talking about the section technique of a nearby Nigerian put together coconut Chip Company proposed with respect to infiltrating into the European market. it would feature and talk about the PESTEL components of France which is the section nation. Additionally the report would feature a few issues liable to be looked by the business on section into Europe. Additionally a couple of proposals would be recommended to the directorate for further survey.
HISTORY OF EUROPE
Europe is the world's second littlest mainland by surface region, covering about 10,180,000km² or 2% of the world's surface and about 6.8% of its property zone. Europe is comprised of a sum of 51 nations with the biggest nations being Russia and the littlest being the Vatican City. Europe is the third-most crowded landmass after Africa and Asia, with a populace of 739-743 million or about 11% of the total populace.
France, authoritatively the French republic ( Republique Françoise) is a sovereign state involving a region in western Europe and a few abroad areas and domains. France ranges about 640,679km² and has a populace of 67 million. France is likewise a solid and standing individual from the European Union and is the biggest nation in the association. France is additionally an individual from the Euro zone which consequently makes France an euro € delicate nation. The official language of France is French and Catalan; likewise an individual from the Shenzhen zone. As the nation picked by the governing body for European passage, a few elements must be considered before section into the French market, a portion of these components incorporate;
France is a created nation; the world of politics is steady as in there is no political issue, no wars, low level debasement, and no contentions; this is a decent factor which can draw in financial specialists and new business section. In another manner setting up a business in France requires a great deal of capital from the financial specialists. In specific domains in France like: Mayotte, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna, Monaco, the administration has fixed a venture breaking point of 1,500,000 Euros for outside endeavors. Actually the administration has explained an exact rundown of assessment or required commitments which must be paid by agents in France. The administration of France has no control on religions or culture, there is no arrangement expressed by the legislature to limit any new passage of any business which isn't coordinating with the 'accepts' of the French populace.
Financial factors, for example, feature: loan fees, level of expansion and business, total national output of the nation (GDP), per capita pay, etc. The GDP genuine development pace of France has expanded from a record-breaking low of $11154.68 in 1960 to $36075.58 in 2014 (World Bank report, 2014), this uncovers a superior monetary circumstance of the pays despite the fact that the marvel of downturn became possibly the most important factor, France has in reality endured the financial emergency superior to the next enormous nations of Europe. The GDP per capita has moved from $35216.5, $35678.63 to $35669.59 in 2010, 2012 and 2014 separately (Gow, 2014); this shows an exclusive expectation position of GDP per capita of France which uncovers a decent financial circumstance of the nation. The joblessness rate was recorded at 10.3% in the second quarter of 2015, and the populace destitution line was 60.2% in 2015 (BBC News, 2015).
France populace in 2015 is 66,317,994. The age structures of France populace are 0-4years 18.5%, 15-64 years 65% and 65 years above have 16.5%.The populace development pace of France is 0.549%.The future of France, male normal age is 77.78 years and female normal age is 84.34 years (chart 2). The education pace of France has 99% of all out populace. France is exceptionally creating nation there are 75 percent of the individuals remaining in the urban areas. There are two dialects spoken in France one as French and another is Catalan yet with the globalization of the world English has immediately pressed itself in to fill in as the third communicated in language. The French individuals are pleased with their language which is celebrated worldwide and furthermore shows their personality. There are various religions, Roman Catholics (33%), Muslim (21%), and Hindu (14%) and others which are for the most part openly rehearsed (chart 1). The French individuals share an incredible enthusiasm of nourishment. France is extremely well known for food, wines and cheddar.
Graph indicating strict dissemination in France
FRANCE AGE DISTRIBUTION
France has a superb logical and innovative condition. Similar to the universes 4Th mechanical control, one of the world head in space innovation, in atomic vitality, in PC designing, in ecological security (Sjsu.edu, 2015). All the credit France owes to its quality training framework which incorporates 230 building schools and 87 colleges which are notable for their exploration. Mechanical and modern development supported by the administration helps in expanding the way of life of individuals. France spends about 2.2% of its GDP for the improvement of its innovation and modern development (on innovative work). Number of patent application in a nation shows how a procedure or item offers another specialized answer for an issue. The sum France gets by trading its R and D, for example, in PCs, logical instruments; aviation and electrical apparatus is about $93,209,237,841(2009).There is research credit charge (CIR credit import examine), it Is a corporate expense help which government swears off the use of the firm on its R and D activities. The mechanical list of France is 4.65.
In France, timberland covers about 30.3% of land. France is the principal nation to have a different service for condition. France is been positioned seventeenth for carbon dioxide emanation. The EPI score for France is 78.2 and it holds seventh position. This could be accomplished as Frances 78% of vitality creation originates from atomic power. France has even forced a carbon charge. It is around 17 Euros for each ton of carbon dioxide discharged. It contributes about 4.5 billion Euros for each year. France carbon discharge is about 382,870kt. Being an individual from G8 France has chosen to stop its carbon discharge by about 20% since 2012. (Ec.europa.eu, 2015)
Enlisting: Written agreement are compulsory to all evaluations and levels. It ought to be in French. Terminating: workers can't be expelled except if the association indicates one of the paws referenced in the French law. The expulsion procedure on disciplinary premise is authentic and bombing a down to earth step, even where the terminating is obviously sensible on the benefits, May impacts in the Courts toppling the terminating and requesting the review of the worker (Frenchlaw.com, 2015).
The present standard rate is at 19.6%. The decreased rate (for nourishment and books) is 5.5%. A particular pace of 2.1 % applies just to the medications taken in control by the Social Security. The net income of VAT in 2008 is 126 billion euro. (Icaew.com, 2015)
Are relevant to agrarian and green upset organizations (supporting 'spare earth').
Arrangements on direct venture streams are there since 1984-1985. Both internal and outward streams are at a higher rate.
KEY POINTS BUSINESS SHOULD WATCH CLOSELY
• Competition: as another organization in the European market, it is just legitimate and shrewd for the business to evaluate its rivals and make it highest need to assume control over the market.
• Changing buyer taste: as a business previously settled in Nigeria, the organization comprehend that customer taste changes with time. This adjustment in buyer taste will be another experience for the organization after section into the European market and a nearby eye must be kept on these changes.
• Language and social boundaries: as an organization coming into France which is profoundly a French talking organization, data went crosswise over must be clear, exact and reasonable by the clients and neighborhood laborers to abstain from misconception and irreconcilable circumstance. Social contrasts make certain to exist and ought to be regarded as needs be.
• Route to advertise: as another item in the market, accessibility of the item to the last customer ought to be of foremost significance. Simple entry to an item has demonstrated to expand item deal by an extensive sum. All channels imaginable for showcasing and profiting item ought to be considered for example web deals, home conveyances, grocery stores, candy machines and shopping centers.
For any business which means on internationalizing itself into another market, such an endeavor must consider a ton of elements before moving in; security of the approaches, economy of the district, among different elements. Inspecting the PESTEL elements of France, I would propose France as an appropriate market for the accompanying reasons.
A steady and serene condition is constantly a success for any new and existing business adventure, and France is a nation which appreciates such political dependability without any wars, bury racial clashes and the administration has given security and insurance of individuals and property high consideration. Though in Nigeria which is a creating nation, political strength appears to be a long ways from flawless, with strict wars, unfaltering difference in government, high debasement scale and a high outfitted theft rate in this way obstructing wellbeing of products and property which is ugly for remote venture and business development.
Furthermore, France has the world's 6th biggest economy by ostensible figures and the ninth biggest economy by PPP figures. It has the third-biggest economy in Europe; OECD is headquartered in Paris, the country's monetary capital. The economy of France is so steady and huge that it is 12.75 occasions bigger than that of Nigeria which is the second biggest economy in Africa. This high